February 24 The strangest things bring us happiness


Feb 24th

When we were in Utah and having lunch at Olive Garden with Lewis’ aunt Becky I was so excited about the cheese grater that they used.  The reason is because in Russia we get parmesan cheese in a block

The block of cheese we buy is much bigger than this.......just an example here.......
 

not like the way we get it in the states……….

 

We grate it using this, which was not so easy since the cheese is very hard to grate and the cleanup was really no fun.

When I saw how easy the server in the restaurant grated the cheese for our meal I knew that I needed one of those graters to take back to Russia.  So I asked her if they sell them, she went to check and said they had one in the back for $15……SOLD!!!  I was so excited.


So now we grate our cheese with this………..
 
And it is pretty effortless and wonderful results!!!  Happy moments!!!

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is so great! I love my Parmesan fresh so I use a hard block and a mircroplane zester. It's really easy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now who would have thought to ask about buying a grater at a time like that - so cool I need to hang around you more..Smart girl!!! Wink..

    ReplyDelete