August 19 2012 Sad news today..........


Today I received sad news.  One of the frogs died.  For those who don’t know the story, here it is……..In Jun 2009 Aimee gave me two little frogs for my birthday present.  They lived in this little plastic cube and their own “ecosystem”.  All that needs to be done for their care was to make sure the water level stayed at a certain place and feed them each two little food pellets twice a week.  Well these frogs miraculously lived for a very long time after I got them (don’t know how long they were alive before I got them).  They were moved to Ohio and also back to Wyoming in December 2011 for their new home.  At that time I decided to give them to my friend Suzanne’s sons to take care of and keep.  Today, just one day short of 8 months after I gave them to their new family the smallest frog of the two has gone to frog heaven. 

His new family was even nice enough to give him a little funeral.  I still can’t believe they have lived this long, let’s see how long this next one stays alive without his little friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment