September 25 - 30 2012 Trip to USA




The end of September we left for a trip to the USA.  This trip would involve business matters and visiting friends and families.
At the airport in Moscow there was a Baskin Robbins kiosk.  Lewis saw the person inside "working" and showed me and of course I had to take a picture.  She obviously wasn't very busy with customers and obviously wasn't too worried about being caught "sleeping on the job"
 
Lewis and I have seen many suitcases in the European airports with this plastic wrap on them.  We often wondered what happens when the luggage goes through security if they have to cut it all off, but also agree it is a great idea for keeping everything intact and dry.  On this trip we brought two of our suitcases that were pretty poor quality and not lasting well, so in order to protect them and ensuring they made the trip we decided to have our luggage "wrapped".  So here is a video showing the process and a picture of the after product.
 
 
One of my strange "phobias" with flying is that I do not like to fly over water, especially the ocean.  Well on this trip I sat next to the window and actually looked out at one point, here is proof.......a picture of Quebec Canada from the air.
 




When we first arrived Lewis spent the first week (last week of September) with the group from Russia that he works with and I went to Texas to visit my sons and several friends.







 

(Well at least for ME!!  ha ha)
As I was putting pictures together from this week I realized that I took more pictures of the food that I ate with my friends than I did of them. So here goes my Texas trip.......
First stop was to visit my very good friend Christine Settles in Diana Texas.......
Now this is what you call TEXAS.......


 

 
Then we went to Christine's parents house for a visit, wonderful wonderful people.  Cool Halloween decorations on the lawn........or are they real????
 
 
 
Christine let me leave our wrapped and packages Christmast gifts for our family at her house until Christmas when she was so kind as to mail them for us.  Their dog Peanut was very interested in what I was doing and kept an eye on me.
 
 
Next day I went to Commerce, TX to have lunch with my good friend Tiffany Harrison.......what a fun little sandwich place for lunch.  That evening I spent the night at her house and the next day,  I was informed that there was a waterfall outside...........remember that story Tiffany?
 
 
 

 I had dinner with my son Joe in Rockwall Texas and can't believe that I didn't get a picture of him while we were hanging out, but here is our appetizer, does that count for something?  Oh and Joe's arm.......ha ha!!!
 
The remaining 2 days were spent with my very good friends Kent and Colleen Vroman who live in Greenville, Texas. The first night we went to a buffet type restaurant with some of their grandkids and kids and Kent's father.  I was teasing one of the grandkids when he brought this to the table to eat......it looked like an alien.....
 
The next day my oldest son Steve came to visit while he was passing through to go to another place in Texas.  It was really good to see him, but he needs new shoes.......
 
 The next morning before leaving Greenville for the airport in Dallas, I made one last visit to my other son Chris, we miss you Chris and look forward to seeing you again someday!!
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. glad you got to play.. fun to see the saddles..as chairs - that was cool!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete