May 17, 2012 Food during the meeting

May 17, 2012

Today we have had a very long meeting at the milk processing plant (close to our flat, so we can walk).  This is where the owner has his office on the third floor as well as a conference room.  At noon we all went downstairs to a room off of the employee dining area for lunch.  I took pictures of the meal that we had today.


First we had soup.  I have tried several soups in Russia and have liked all of them.  I hope I can learn to make soups that have the same flavor while I am here.



Salad is next, always lots of fresh vegetables.


It is hard to see because of the white table cloth, but a common thing to have on the table is sour cream.  Put it in the soup, mix it on the salad, put it on the main dish.......they like the sour cream.  Also there is usually bread with the meal.  Very common on the table is a container with toothpicks (wooden sticks).  We bought a salt and pepper shaker set at the store the other day and in the middle, between the salt and pepper shakers, is a container for toothpicks.  Very common!!


Main dish is potatoes and pork.  Very tasty, of course you can put sour cream on it, I do, Lewis does not!!!


This is a treat that everyone loves.  We aren't sure why though.  It does taste good, but nothing we would crave or eat on a regular basis.  Maybe like an ice cream bar, but it is made of cheese curd and has some caramel in it.  Notice that milk fat......23%.....you wouldn't want too many of these.
Below is what it looks like inside -


1 comment:

  1. Everything look so neatly done. Like the dish the soup was served in.. the meal looks so good!
    Cool they like table covering.. I do too!And I like sour cream too so I would be putting into my soup but not my salad..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete