May 26, 2012 Pictures at one of the dairies

Just another day at the dairy.......well, at one of the 4 anyway!!!  Now, remember, I did not grow up on a farm or around animals, so some things I find very adorable and other things......well, not so much!!!



There are 4 dairies at this time, 3 male managers and 1 female manager.........Guess which one manages this dairy!!
By the way, that little car is what we are driven around in all day long!!!


They make their own brooms......I guess when one wears out they just take the broom handle out and stick it into another one of these and start sweeping again!!!



Now for the adorable.......I love these baby calves!!!  They are so cute when they are eating too, just like a baby.....this one even stopped and looked up so that I could take a picture of her!!!



This is the "not so much" adorable.  While I was standing there, waiting for Lewis to do some measuring, I was obviously a little too close to this bull.  It licked my hand or something, whatever it was it was not too desirable in my eyes obviously!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, One time when I was a milk tester, at this one small Gallo dairy that he has, everytime I turn a cow was covering me, I was either almost hit with its tail, etc... I was cover with you know what from my head to my toes, was not a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos - I agree about the baby calve - all eyes.. cute cute! I've had a cow lick me - it's a strange feeling indeed!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete