June 18, 2012 friendly calf, something unknown, ice cream,and scary driver sign

Today was all day farm/dairy visits. 
The first set of pictures is of a very friendly 2 week old calf.  I was standing near an area where there were several calves and this one kept following me.  So I went to pet it and you see what happened.  I left for a bit and when I returned here it came back for more attention.





I know these babies are hungry and want more milk but it is kind of amusing to watch them try and knock their buckets out of the holders in order to get more milk......


 When we went outside I was watching this cow and thought, "I guess when you've got an itch you will do anything to scratch it"  I think the other cows got the idea and were waiting in line for their turn at the "scratching post"






We went to one of the farmsteads and saw some sort of plant that had overtaken everything.  We asked Konstantin and another worker who was in the car what it was, they said they didn't know what it was called but it was of no use.  At first Lewis told me it looked like Rhubarb and I got all excited, but it wasn't.  I think it is a bunch of weeds that will soon overtake the world.....you have been warned!!!



We tried another new ice cream from the gas station.  Very tasty, basically an ice cream roll with chocolate around it.



I have never noticed this sign on the back window of cars, but Lewis has and the
other day he asked Konstantin what it meant.  He said "It means they have had drivers license for less that 3 years.  When I see that sign I think DANGER!"
We pulled into a parking space and saw this car and Lewis asked what 2 signs means.......Konstantin says "Very very dangerous, stay away from this car!!"  So funny his explanations!!











1 comment:

  1. Now that's a fun photo of the 'scratching post" line up - giggling.. tooooooooooooooo bad it's a weed - sad!
    yummy -- looking ice cream bar!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete