July 1 2012 Bowling and Billiards

Today we did something different........Konstantin and his wife Kate came to get us for a "date".  Since we don't have a vehicle and don't really have the opportunity to do things beyond work related activities, this was a very nice break.  They picked us up at 3:30 in the afternoon and we went to a place like a mall, lots of shops.  We finally bought an umbrella.........now it probably won't rain anymore!!! 
Next we went to see 2 very short 5D movies.....the kind that your chair moves around and fans are blowing and water is being sprayed on you and things grab at you from under the chair.......they were fun!!
Then we went to a place that has bowling and billiards.  They are having a special price on weekends during July and August.  Each person can have unlimited bowling and billiard playing for 300 rubles each (about $9) for all day.  So we bowled 3 games and ate some pizza, then played 3 games of pool.  Halfway through our 3rd bowling game the power went out only in our lane......I guess we were bowling so bad that the bowling lane couldn't take it any longer, so we actually only bowled 2.5 games.  We had a lot of fun and it was good to get out for a few hours of recreation time.  Lewis won 2 bowling games and 1 pool game (well some of the pool game losing was my fault, I have never played......but I had a great teacher and by our third game I sunk that 8 ball for us to win!!!)





There was a boy bowling in the lane next to us and everytime he bowled it looked like he was getting ready to pitch a baseball.  I kept thinking that it was going to hit him in the head eventually.


Here it the scoreboard for the second bowling game.............I tried to take a picture of the first one, but it went away to quickly!!!


I think something went wrong with this guy's game


Lewis and Konstantin at the pool table...............




1 comment:

  1. Yay Yay - it's about time we see you do a bit of fun - I have not been bowling for many years - that would be a fun outing ,, and playing pool well I don't do that so well..but I will play a game for fun.. good to see photos of you and Lewis..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete